Thursday, September 06, 2007

Rejuvenation of blogging spirit

Its almost a year that I have scrapped anything on my blog space.
So many thing changed in this period.

I found blogspot.com asking me to enter my google user ID to claim my old blogs.
So some thing might have happend. A single window system of logging in.

I remember how I was busy doing exactly the same thing when we recommended the use of Active Directory Service so that people will have the same user ID/password for logging into Windows/Unix/Email system.

In a similar incident, I had notice from yahoo to approve the migration of my photos to snapfish which they have acquired recently.

In fact Me too was acquired by another company :)
Yes I had moved out from my preveious service oriented company and joinned a new product development company as a Build and Release Manager.

While setting up my new company laptop with Software utilities, once again I realised that technology have changed so much, Its becomming difficult for me to keep me updated with it.

I installed the Sony Erriction Phone software in my Laptop and connected the Mobile Phone holder (with the phone) to it.

A message flashed on the screen, saying
Your phone is in Phone mode. Only following features will be avialble.

Maaaaan !!
Is my phone is supposed to run in PC mode or Router mode, or Modem mode ?

I remember the days when I knew about the Master Boot sector and partition table. and software such as Norton Disk Doctors etc, while my friends were learning Pascal, C and Fortran.

also, I could recommend people to buy Assembled PC with a given configuration with x component from y make,

today I am having difficulty in deciding whether I should buy a LCD TV or a Plasma TV

One thing remained same.
Technology is advancing more than its forcasted.

1 comment:

lonkar said...

Bisu, that was great read from you :-) keep blogging !!